Common Service Center (CSC)- This web portal contains necessary information regarding the Features of CSC (Common Service Centers), Structure, Eligibility and Qualification to participate in CSC (Common Service Center). You will also get important information regarding CSC (Common Service Centers), Details of CSC Centers with CSC Center Holder/ Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE), with VLE ID, Address and Phone Number on this website.
Introduction to CSC-
A part of National E- Governance Plan Scheme named Common Service Center Scheme is started by Government to provide G2C (Government to Citizen) and B2C (Business to Citizens) services at doorstep of citizens under Bharat Nirman. Under this Scheme, budgetary allocation of 100000 Common Service Centers in Rural Area’s and 10000 CSC in Urban India. One of major Aim of CSC is to provide the High quality and Cost Effective e-governance Services to the citizens in various fields.
Features of CSC-
Scheme is implemented in PPP Framework. Some of the features of CSC services is as-
- Focus on Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Providing Private Sector Services also.
- Multi Dimensions Initiative i.e. Based on Community Needs
- Building Rural Capacities and Livelihoods
- Positioned as change agent to various Government and Non Government services
- One Stop solution for various G2C and B2C Services.
A Common Service Center (CSC) is an information and communication technology (ICT) access point created under the National e-Governance Project of the Indian government. The project plan includes the creation of a network of over 100,000 CSCs throughout the country. The purpose of the project is to provide much-needed information and services to underserved Indians in rural areas.
A CSC is essentially a kiosk with a personal computer, a wireless connection and other equipment. Through computer and Internet access, the CSCs provide multimedia content related to e-governance, education, health, telemedicine, entertainment and other government and private services. Other services available are expected to include computer training, telemedicine delivery, office applications, CD burning, scanning, printing and digital imaging.
The CSC project was begun in 2006. Project funding and implementation is through a public- private partnership (PPP).
We Are Provide our Brand ” COMMON SERVICES CENTRE ”
CSC-Services / Digital Seva Kendra
Implemented under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) formulated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India, the Common Services Centers (CSCs) are ICT enabled front end service delivery points at the village level for delivery of Government, Financial, Social and Private Sector services in the areas of agriculture, health, education, entertainment, FMCG products, banking, insurance, pension, utility payments, etc.
Governments to Citizen & Services
- Passport Services
- Pan Card Services
- Election Services
- E-Aadhaar Services / PVC Card
- State Government Job work / Outsource work
- Enrollment Services ( New / Child )
- Aadhaar Updation Services
- Light Bill Submission
- R.T.O ( Driving License Exam Perpetration )
- Online TAX / Return Filing
- Life Insurance / Non Life Insurance ( Medical )
- General Insurance ( Fire , Earthquake, Etc..)
- Motor Insurance
- Two Wheeler Insurance
- National Pension Scheme / Atal Pension Yojna / PMJJY / PMSBY
- Banking Services ( CSP / BC / IMPS )
- Insurance Premium Collection Services